Skip to main content

We are trying to add hyperlinks to the web on one of our documents, but we cannot find the option to add Custom Fields.

@aa900

Only the administrator is able to create Custom Fields under Settings in the DocuSign eSignature Web App and make the available to users with sending rights in the account.

You don’t need to create a Custom Field, this is handy for re-use but not required. The sender can add a text field to the document and configure the Data Label and Tooltip values correctly to create a hyperlink as a one-off.

A text field and therefore a hyperlink is assigned to a single recipient. The recipient type needs to be “Needs to Sign” or “In Person Signer”, as the other standard type like “Receives a Copy” or “Needs to View” do not have fields assigned to them.

DocuSign Support Article on How to create a Hyperlink via a Custom Field:

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-create-a-hyperlink-in-DocuSign?language=en_US

Hi @aa900,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.