Skip to main content

I’ve read in the docs that powerforms do not support envelope merge fields.

so is there a way i can after a powerform is signed, return a custom field value as a query param to a destination url?

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=xry1643227563338&topicId=bat1578456393880.html&_LANG=enus

Hi @axelschenkel,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to export your PowerForm’s responses to be used as a query parameter in your destination URL, and I will share more details on the topic. The envelope custom fields mentioned in the guide are actually used to customize the envelope’s subject line, not exporting data entered by the signer as a query parameter in the destination URL. The closest option available would be creating a custom Connect Configuration, that will export your PowerForm’s data, which can be used to add the parameter to the destination URL in a script that runs externally to DocuSign eSignature. For more details on how to setup your custom Connect Configuration, see:

Create a custom configuration and trigger a test event

It is important to note that his custom workflow falls outside of DocuSign Support’s scope, but you are welcome to direct your questions to our Developer Community, or to the Developer Support team through a new support case, if included with your contract.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @axelschenkel,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!