Skip to main content

I have submitted a signed PDF document but it has been rejected because it contains the incorrect type of digital signature.  I have been informed that they can only accept an Advanced Electronic Signature (AES) or Qualified electronic Signature (QES).  they do not accept other types of electronic signatures, including simple Electronic Signatures.  Can you please advise how i make my signature a AES or QES?

Thanks 

@Be Campbell

The simple electronic signature (SES) without a digital certificate for the recipient is the default in Docusign eSignature. AES and QES signatures are available as a paid add-on.

Thank you for this.  It is possible to pay for this as a one off, and if so, how do we go about this?

@Be Campbell 

I don’t think there is the option for a one off, at least I have only worked with customers were AES or QES were added to their Docusign eSignature subscription and I don’t recall ever seeing numbers below 100.

You should be able to reach out to a Docusign Account Executive from your Docusign account to confirm.

Hi @Be Campbell,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!