Skip to main content

Hi,

I would like to create a template for 3 persons to fill data in and sign, but before that happens a fourth person (which is also the sender of the document) would need to fill in a text field, but this person is not a signer of the document. 

Is there any way on how to set this up that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

Nadine

@Nadine

You can either use the pre-fill document fields functionality or the sender can simply enter the values into the fields for the different recipients when he creates the templates. This was the standard approach before pre-filled document fields were introduced to Docusign eSignature. The sender can choose to make the fields read only, if the recipient should not be able to change the field values or allow them to do updates.

The approach we take, because the sender doesn’t have the information at time of sending  (a PO # in our case) is to add the sender as a recipient (# 4 in your eg), and give them the signing role and a text field in the document.  They are not really signing the document and you do not place any signature fields for them, but the signing role allows them to fill in their assigned text field when the envelope reaches them in routing.

@Michael.Rave this looks like the feature I was looking for, I will check it out. Thanks for pointing it out to me! 

Hi @Nadine,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar,

I was off for a couple of days and didn´t have the time to test it yet, sorry about that. But from what I could read it sounds like what I was looking for. Will try to set up what I wanted to set up and then probably mark your answer as the best option. (Still new to all of this, sorry for the delay)

Thanks,

Nadine

Looking at it now @Christopher.Alpizar. The link you shared does not explain how to edit it in a template. What I want is:

I want to create a template for our company. My “problem” is that the sender is not a signer, but the sender needs to add a text field before sending the document out. So the workflow would be like this:

1. Sender (not a signer) opens template and prefills the text field
  2. Sender sends out document to signers
  3. Signers (different from sender) sign document
  4. Document is signed

I am struggling with getting step 1 into the template. 

Thanks,

Nadine

Hi @Nadine,

I hope you are doing well, I am for than happy to assist you, to clarify is this template meant to be created to be a Powerform or a Webform?

Best regards,

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar

I am trying to set it up as normal template, not a PowerForm. If there is a better way, I am happy to try it out. 

Thanks,

Nadine

Hi @Nadine,

I hope you are doing well, to provide the best resolution possible can you provide the current plan that you have? this is to see what feature you might have available for this.

Also, To edit a template, navigate to the Templates page. Locate the template you want to edit and click the template actions menu, then select Edit. If the template is password protected and you are not the owner, enter the password in the Enter Password dialog and click SUBMIT. Edit the template by changing any aspect, such as the template name, files, recipients, and recipient fields. To edit a template

Best regards,

Hi @Nadine,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,