Skip to main content

I downloaded the March 2024 W9 template to use and love that this is provided to us at no extra cost. We have a basic plan and cannot do any advanced editing. In Box 3a of the W9, we have vendors who are sole proprietors/individuals and use an EIN rather than SSN. The template is set at SSN only and I couldn’t figure out how to set it to where EIN and SSN are an option, similar to when they select “Other”. Can someone help me?

Hello, @SHPR 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

To solve that issue, you should edit the downloaded template, change the mentioned field then save it.

If your eSignature admin  does not have access to modify it, perhaps you could download it, send for someone else that you know have a Docusign eSignature account, ask to edit the template, change the field, save it, export it again then send to you upload it again.

Another option would be to upgrade your current plan.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @SHPR,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!