Skip to main content
Solved

Signers not able to see "Notes" in Nitro PDF document

• 11 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I have sent a Nitro PDF document that has Note’s in it that show up off to the righthand side of the page (see second image below), these are for the Signer to review and then potentially approve. However, when it gets to the Signer, they cannot see the Note’s only the small yellow boxes (see first image below) on the page of the document that indicates a Note is there.

Is there a way of being able to show the Note’s for the Signer? I have tried to get them to download the document, but this still only show the small yellow boxes.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated! 

Many thanks

Louise

@Louise.W 

Docusign will convert and flatten the PDF file on upload, which will remove things like embedded documents, or notes in this case. There is no way to convert these notes from Nitro PDF.

Docusign eSignature offers a note field to be added to the document, which will only be shown to the signer and then automatically removed when they complete, like taking off a sticky note from a document.

Thank you, Michael, for your help, I am relatively new to DocuSign and hadn’t come across this before.

Many thanks

Louise

Hello @Louise.W  ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!