Skip to main content
Solved

Recipients names change on envelope

• 6 August 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a template set up with 3 different signers, the client and both of the clients parents. The first signer is the client, signers two and three are the parents. When I type in signer two, the first parent, it fills/changes the name for signer three and if i enter the email address it changes that too. the reverse is true as well, if I put info in signer three, it changes signer two. I exited DocuSign  and went back in to the template, same problem. it is only the one template.  Yes, I could recrate the whole template, but I’d rather figure out the problem in case it happens again! 

Hi @CWKin,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your second and third recipient placeholders are reflecting each other’s data, but I will assist you in solving the issue. This behavior is cause by creating duplicate recipient roles in your template. To fix the issue, try changing the template’s recipient role name or place in your signing order.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

It worked!  I can’t believe the answer was so simple.  Thank you! Caron

Hi @CWKin,

Thank you for following up.  

I am glad to hear that the steps shared above helped you solve your issue. We would appreciate it if you could consider selecting a comment as the "Best Answer", this helps other users find the solution to this issue in the future. 

And, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.   

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!