Skip to main content
Question

CreatedDate vs DateTime.Now

• 2 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to ask if someone here knows the difference between using the Current Date variable in the CLM workflow and using C# code DateTime.Now in the expression builder. Specifically, is there a difference in where it bases its date and time?

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @alexisdg 

So current date is always take the today’s date or if you are using it as a variable it store a date of current point of completion of any time at the same time same variable can be use for the future perspective but it will be the today’s date.|

Now the “Current Date” have (Date & Time) both but it’s up to you that how you are using it.
let suppose you are updating variable “Task Completion Date” with “Current Date” and if the “Task Completion Date” is text time so it will store the date but if it is the date type then it will store both date and time.

Now we use C# for play with date time, specially IF  you wanna change the format and all.

I hope this is helpful, but please reach out if you any question.

Thanks! 

Badge +2

Hi Pawan,

Thank you for answering my question, I really appreciate it. I understand that it typically retrieves today’s date and time. However, there have been cases where the CLM environment has its own date and time settings, often based on the country it operates in. I'm curious to know if either of the two methods, using DateTime.Now or the variable CurrentDate, is influenced by the CLM environment's date and time settings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey there,

So you can set the time zone in CLM it can be account default or just for only one user but when it comes to date you can not any option in CLM to set a Date.

None of them is influenced by the CLM environment.  expect the time zone setting.

Thanks!