Skip to main content
Question

How to retrieve previous document?

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I am stuck in a situation at work. I was offered a new position, and was sent an offer letter 2 days ago. That offer was for 55k. HR and my manager signed that document, I did not as I sent a counteroffer. 
This morning, I was sent a document for 53k. I questioned the salary drop, and HR is stating that it has always been 53k. When I asked for the document from 2 days ago, they told me it is expired and they do not have access to it. How can I get a copy of the document from 2 days ago? I do not trust that HR will send me the original document. I 100% know that after the original document was signed for 55k, they went back and changed it to 53k and now are stating that they dont have access to it. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Raspberrysun ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the information was incorrect, I understand you are looking to access a document that was previously declined.

You should be able to access the document by going to the very first email they sent you when you declined, if the link is expired it should automatically send you a new one: Do Docusign envelope notification emails expire?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi! Thank you.

When I send myself a new link, it says that the document was voided. I have the envelope ID if necessary. I am just trying to get proof of the original offer that HR sent to me before they deleted it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Raspberrysun ,

Thank you for reaching back.

My apologies for the misinformation, only the people who signed the document prior to declining/voiding can view the document. Unfortunately, Docusign support can not see the actual document or information nor provide them as we do not have access to it. In this case, only the sender can provide the actual document: Voiding Envelopes in Docusign FAQ

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Raspberrysun ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,