Skip to main content
Question

Getting a document signed when a colleague is on annual leave

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi There,

My boss is on annual leave and I’ve delegated access to his No.2 to sign in his absence. Currently the No.2 can not see anything listed for him to sign when there are a few things that should be visible. Can anyone help?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Natalie Wilkinson How exactly did you delegate access to the bosses envelopes?  There is shared access, delegation, and just correcting any envelopes (if internal) to the No. 2 individual. Shared Access was not meant to be a process in which the User shared can sign on behalf of the shared user.  Delegation as I understand it is setup by the User who is going out of office and that envelope should land in the delegate’s Inbox if the delegation was setup prior to the envelope being assigned to the original Recipient, so its possible the delegation was not in place prior to the assignment to the boss.  I would look at potentially correcting the envelope and changing the Recipient from the boss to the No/2, which is possible if the envelope was sent from the same account where you or someone in your office is the DocuSign Admin.

Badge

Docusign support are kindly looking in to...many thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Natalie Wilkinson ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!