Solved

Filtering envelopes according to envelop costume fields

• 12 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hey,
I’m trying to look for a way to filter envelopes according to the custom fields (and not the envelope’s subject etc.). I can’t seem to find a way to do that.
Even when I add the “Include envelope custom fields” - it doesn’t seem to find envelopes that I know for sure were supposed to pop out.
Can you please assist?  

icon

Best answer by Christopher.Alpizar 28 February 2024, 17:36

View Original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @EfratLif,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of having the envelopes that you sent sorted and filtered as needed; I understand that you have a user that you want to filter the envelopes using a custom field.

To clarify, are the custom fields that you refer to within the document itself? meaning are they Document custom fields?

With eSignature, users and administrators can create custom versions of standard fields and save them for future use. These custom fields can have various properties like font type, size, and validation settings. They help speed up document preparation by allowing users to save fields customized for repeated use. Administrators can view and manage the custom fields saved by all users and add new custom fields for themselves or to share with all users. Document Custom Fields

Or are you referring to Envelopes Custom Fields, Envelope custom fields are used to classify, record, and track information about envelopes sent for signature. The sender enters field values when preparing an envelope. Envelope custom fields and their values are not shown to recipients during signing, but can be seen in the Certificate of Completion by those with access to it. Contact DocuSign Customer Support for more information on disabling Certificate of Completion access. Custom Fields for Envelopes

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Badge +1

Hey Christopher,
Thank you for your reply!

Maybe I made a mix with the terms - my mistake :)
I’m talking about fields that the filler fills out when signing the document (his ID, address etc.).
So when we want to filter all the agreements signed by US citizens, for example, we will be able to locate them by the country they filled out in the document.

Hope I made myself clear now :)

Best,
Efrat

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @EfratLif

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the lateness in the reply, you can only filter the envelopes by Envelope Custom Fields, however, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @EfratLif,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,