Skip to main content

Hi, I'm just trying to understand how to extract some of the values of the input fields from a document generation form. I read other post that use an expression like this: "GetVariableValue("Params.Params.TemplateFieldData..." but it doesn't work.

In my case I need to create a variable in a workflow based on a numeric value that is entered into a text field on the document generation form.

PD. The search for text step is not an option because it takes 10 minutes to search the value

All the fields you have in Doc Launcher and their values should be submitted into your workflow as the "incoming content". I would make sure that you are address the variable correctly "Params" vs. some other custom name you might have updated the xml variable. I would then make sure you are addressing the fields correctly based on how they are passed into workflow in the TemplateFieldDate portion of your xml variable. Using debug mode is a useful feature for looking at how Doc Launcher generates the xml and how it will appear to you workflow if you are having issues with updating variables in your workflow from the xml.

Thanks,​ It worked!

I also would like to get the selected template name value as a template, but I've not found any documentation in the support center about the Params variable.

Is there any guide to know the whole Params xml structure?

In the debug xml there are only field related xml tags.

Hi, I also was looking to get the template name before (you can search my old posts) but unfortunately, it's just not possible. There are two workarounds but neither one is ideal. The first is to infer the template based on the structure of the form (e.g. test if some field is populated). The second way is to place a hidden field into your form with the name/id for the template.

<%#Params.Documents.Document.Name%> will return the "Name" of the document that is created from Doc Launcher where the "name" of the document is comprised of the template name + date/time + extension.

You can also run an instance of workflow and get the XML.