Skip to main content

I want my form to have format of “DD ‘DAY OF’ MMMM YYYY” for my document. However, doing this format, I cannot get my date attribute to appear correctly. I have tried to make my variable both a date and text and have tried the formatted and unformatted version of my form field, but no luck. Any tips?

Hi! Welcome to the Docusign Community.

In what format are you trying to get your Date Attribute value to appear if it’s different from your document? Also, what are you seeing if not the right format? Are you seeing an error/ different format/ something else? 

I would like to set up a test on my end to see if I can help figure out the issue. 

Thank you for the additional details!
Kelly

Thanks Kelly!

I want it to read in the document as ‘14th day of May 2024’ but appear in the Effective Date attribute within the CLM agreement attributes (or even a custom one) as dd/mm/yyyy (or just at all!). 

If I try to put the input into a date variable - i get the message “Could not convert the given value 'XmlVariable.Params.TemplateFieldData.Effective_Date' to type 'Date'” in the update variable value step. Then the date appears as 1/1/1900 when I populate it into the CLM Document Details - Effective Date Attribute.

If I try to make it a text field variable, it populates the variable (‘14 day of May 2024) in the update variable, but then I get the message “Effective date is invalid. Enter a valid value.” when trying to put it into the Edit CLM Agreement Attributes step. 

Hey @kfol,

Thank you for your question. One option you have is to use a custom expression (Screenshot below) to convert your date variable to dd/mm/yyyy.

Expression: Convert.ToDateTime(GetVariableValue("YOURVARIABLE")).ToString("MM/dd/yyyy");

Example: 

Thank you, hopefully this is helpful. 

Jim

THANK YOU! I got it to work!! I would highly recommend adding this tip to the building advanced workflows deep dive :)