Question

adding text to a document by sender who is not a signer

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to create a template for 3 persons to fill data in and sign, but before that happens a fourth person (which is also the sender of the document) would need to fill in a text field, but this person is not a signer of the document. 

Is there any way on how to set this up that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

Nadine

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Nadine

You can either use the pre-fill document fields functionality or the sender can simply enter the values into the fields for the different recipients when he creates the templates. This was the standard approach before pre-filled document fields were introduced to Docusign eSignature. The sender can choose to make the fields read only, if the recipient should not be able to change the field values or allow them to do updates.

Badge

The approach we take, because the sender doesn’t have the information at time of sending  (a PO # in our case) is to add the sender as a recipient (# 4 in your eg), and give them the signing role and a text field in the document.  They are not really signing the document and you do not place any signature fields for them, but the signing role allows them to fill in their assigned text field when the envelope reaches them in routing.

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave this looks like the feature I was looking for, I will check it out. Thanks for pointing it out to me!