Skip to main content

Good morning,

With Docusign, is it possible to prevent recipients from downloading the document before signing?

It seems so to me but I'm not sure...

In fact, most other online signature platforms do not offer it.

I don't really see the point in the recipient being able to download the document, so possibly signing it manually, sending it back and paying for an online signature service where you can bypass the online signature.

I am in France

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Hello @cesaryo,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you want to remove the ability for signers to download the documents before the signature.

The closest option that we offer is to make an update to the Signing Resource file of your account, this will allow for the download and print options to be removed during the signing session.

Please be aware that if they have a Docusign account they still can download the documents from their Agreements tab.

Resource files are optional files that allow you to control the text elements in your account signing view and emails sent by your account. There are two master resource files, one for signing and one for email messages. To use resource files, you download the appropriate master file, make modifications, and then upload the modified file to the Docusign system. Only the differences between your modified file and the master file are saved. You can customize both the signing and email resource files for your account, and if you don't upload a modified file, the system will use default information from the master file.

Important: Customizing resource files is an advanced branding configuration option which can significantly impact your account, and should be done only by someone with expertise in XML and HTML. The master resource files are subject to change without notice. If you customize your resource files, after each release, Docusign recommends you review any changes and update your custom files as needed.

For more information about specific resource files, refer to the relevant information guide:

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @cesaryo,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.