Skip to main content

I have a self-contained custom object with an email address that is intended to be the recipient of the template contract. However, I don’t see adding that email address as an option in the Add Recipient window. I only see Users or Contacts as options. 

The way this is meant to work is that the Contract will be automatically sent to the email address on the custom object when a Status field on the record changes. 

Hello @SanMon,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you have a self-contained custom object with an email address that is intended to be the recipient of the template contract, but you are not able to select it during the add recipient window.

To better assist you, can you provide the current version of the Docusign for Salesforce that you are using? Docusign for Salesforce - What Version of Docusign eSignature for Salesforce Am I Using?, Instructions on how to view the version of Docusign for Salesforce your Salesforce organization is using can be found in the Setup of your Salesforce organization. This applies to all Docusign for Salesforce packages, including Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, Legacy Docusign eSignature for Salesforce, and Docusign for Salesforce CPQ.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @SanMon,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.