Skip to main content
Question

adding another user

• 22 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, new to docusign. having a lot of trouble adding 1 x user to my account.  Any tips? 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PTP

Sorry to hear you are having trouble adding a user to your account.

Look at this Docusign Support article with a step-by-step guide for eSignature.

As you posted your question in the CLM category, this video may help you to do so.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Can you confirm you have admin access?

Badge +1

@Justin Jiang Hi justin yes definitely have admin access, i am the only user.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PTP 

The screenshot shows “Subscription Seats 1”, which means you only purchased a single user license. Therefore, you cannot add additional users to your Docusign eSignature account.

Badge

The middle Standard Plan, which we have, says up to 50 users can be added but I have the same problem as noted above, so if two people want to sign agreements under the Standard Plan, it requires a second seat? If so, what does “up to 50 users” mean? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Sandra Pauly

Only senders are required to have a seat/license for Docusign eSignature. All recipients or signers can create a free Docusign account, which allows them to sign document only, but does not allow them to send documents.

The “up to 50 users” mean that you can purchase up to 50 seats (required for sending) under one account via self-service, instead of creating 50 individual accounts/subscriptions with separate invoices for your company.

The Docusign plans do have different features enabled, which is the key differentiator between them.

Badge

@Michael.Rave Thanks so much for the quick reply and found your same answer in another conversation a bit too late! Much appreciated but it is a bit confusing and might help if the term is described in a bit more regarding “up to 50 users” :-)