Skip to main content
Solved

To obtain a document from its DocuSign Envelope ID?

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I have a DocuSign Envelope ID, and I like to get the digital document. Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance!

Mayte.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@mayte

You can access an envelope only if you were the sender or a recipient included in the signature workflow or the Admin of the sending account in Docusign eSignature.

Without that given, you are unable to access any envelope in Docusign.

If you have a Docusign account, you can search for it after you have logged in.

If you don’t have a Docusign account, you need to click on one of the email notifications for the transaction, e.g. the final “envelope complete” email notification, which includes a personal link to access the envelope.

Badge +1

Thanks @mrave

I created an account, but I’m no the person who created de document neither the one to sign. I’m just the one who received the signed certificate, as the document was to certificate a course I did.

Is it possible to me to obtain the digital document? As in a Document check…

Thanks again,

Mayte.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@mayte

If you received the signed certificate to your email address, you are a part of the recipient workflow as a recipient. That doesn’t mean you need so sign, receiving a copy is sufficient.

Was the email send from Docusign? Then it will include a link to access the document in the Docusign eSignature Web App and you will be able to download the document.

It sounds like you already have the document available to you, was it attached to the email? Not sure what you mean by document check? You can open the PDF file in e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader to verify the digital certificates embedded in the document.

Badge +1

Thanks again @mrave!

I received the document time ago, in an e-mail, but now I only found the document in paper. There, I have the DocuSign Envelope ID. That’s why I was wondering if I can recuperate the digital document from the ID.

I usually receive certificates of courses using systems of digital signature, that allow everybody to insert the document ID code on a web to get the original document, so anyone can check if the document received is authentic. That’s what I was trying to mean with “document check”.

Thanks!

Mayte.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@mayte

If you already had a Docusign account at the time the document was sent to you, you are able to access it from the account. Otherwise if it was not connected to an account, you can only access it from that email.

Understood, what you mean with document check now. Docusign University uses Credly as the platform to issue badges related to Docusign. Microsoft for example uses their a deep link to their own Learning website.

The Docusign envelope Id is not designed to be accessible by a third party. Any document downloaded from the Docusign eSignature platform will be automatically sealed with a certify to be able to check the authenticity locally in a PDF reader that is able to display certificated.. This information is obviously lost when you print out the document.

You can try to access the document with the direct link that leverages the envelope Id. You need to log into your Docusign eSignature account before and then change to this URI format and replace it with your envelope Id. You need to include dashes and make sure the characters are lower case for this to work.

https://apps.docusign.com/send/documents/details/{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Badge +1

@mrave

I understand. I tried anyway. But, as you said, if I have not the account before it’s not possible. Thanks anyway!

Mayte.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @mayte ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!