Skip to main content
Question

Web Forms and multiple signers

• 21 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to have more than one person sign a form similar to how Power Forms work? I’m attempting to create an intake packet for incoming patients (pediatric mental health), and we currently use Power Forms, but those aren’t so compatible with cell phones. In trying to get Web Forms to work, we have several “Release of Information” forms that need to be signed, however each form is going to have different items to share with different “Release Recipients” depending on the entity of that recipient, and the guardian doesn’t know what needs to be shared. For example, if we are performing services for a child, then we need to share only bare minimum with the school if they are on an IEP (assessment and discharge). But if we are to share with their pediatrician, then we would share much more  (assessment, progress notes, medication, crisis support, discharge, etc.).  Our staff has specialized training in knowing what needs to be shared with each entity in order to check-mark the appropriate boxes, so our current signing flow with our power forms will end up going to our own staff first so that they can fill out these items first, then the packet will go to the guardian for their signature. But I’m having issues resolving this with Web Form. 

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m trying to understand your issue/request, from my understanding you’re inquiring if Web Forms allows multiple recipients in a signing order, is that correct?

If so, yes, multiple recipients can be added to the Web Form, however, only the first signer will actually fill out the Web Form section, all other recipients will be sent directly to the signing experience: Limitations and Considerations for Web Forms

I’m sorry to hear that your PowerForms are not working correctly in mobiles, can you provide more information on that?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

@nathaly.monge Ok, that answers what I need answered actually. 

Currently our Power Form intake packets allow for multiple people to enter information depending on what I assign each signer. Our own staff would receive the packet first so that they can fill out these pieces of information on our “Release of Information” form: Entity we are releasing to, the specific pieces of info we are allowed to release, the amount of info to be disclosed, the purpose of the release, and the valid time frame of that release (each Release Form is going to be completely different based on the entity we are releasing to), and then the client/guardian simply signs this form. But the client/guardian also needs to fill out other forms in our intake packet as there are assessment forms that our state requires for Mental Health services. We cannot answer these for them, they have to fill these out themselves. We must get a baseline assessment, then do them quarterly to show progress in treatment. This is where it’s helpful in Power Forms so that multiple people have the ability to fill out forms as needed.  (Do you know if there will be any future versions of this to be an added option for those of us that need multiple people to fill out forms? Think about a doctor’s office that requires medical or admin staff to fill out certain things that need to be filled out before the client signs the form, but the client still needs to fill out other pieces in the office’s intake packet)

Where we’re having problems with Power Forms is that it seems to only work maybe half the time on the mobile. Most of our families filling out these forms are doing it on the phone, and some of the questions that they have to answer don’t fully show on the mobile phone, although once they go to a tablet or laptop, they see the questions just fine. The problem we run into the most is that many of the families we perform services for are lower income and don’t always have access to a laptop/desktop, but almost everyone has a cell phone. In addition, the assessment forms our state requires quarterly are also hard to see on a mobile phone has there are many questions on the form, and on a phone the lettering is small and hard to read. Using the WebForm for these quarterly assessments would be incredibly helpful due to this. 

Hope that makes sense!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

Thank you for reaching back and for providing further information.

Both PowerForms (PF) and Web Forms should allow several recipients to sign the same document individually and at the same time by accessing the link that is provided. The issue you are having with PF seems to be related to with a feature called Responsive Signing: Responsive Signing

There are two ways to remove this: either disabling the feature on a template level or disabling the feature on an account level: 

This happens depending on how the documents might be set up: Responsive Signing Best Practices

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,