Skip to main content
Question

Role Error on Web Form

• 12 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Newbie here.  I am attempting to create a new Web Form using an existing template.  I received an 2 errors for the same thing indicating that my Recipient “Role Name” (Checkbox Value) needs to be updated.  Why is “Role Name” a checkbox?  And how do I edit the Checkbox Value?  

Document Name Page Number Recipient Role Name Field Type Data Label Group Label Error    
Request for Records.pdf 1 Signer checkbox Checkbox Payment Records 0212beb4-a8d1-4bdc-9f38-571c8b39bac1 Checkbox Group cadfc574-e0a5-4efc-86bc-06c27432e739 Checkbox Values can't be blank
Request for Records.pdf 1 Signer checkbox Checkbox Medical Records a9e843b4-7f7b-43fc-8aaa-2d8cfcd914ba Checkbox Group 07291383-d22e-4807-80ed-a70e8d3ce5d6 Checkbox Values can't be blank

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @RhondaW ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the checkboxes are giving you an error. I understand it is showing that the field’s values can not be blank.

Do you have checkbox fields on your template with those Data Labels?

If so, can you confirm the values of those Checkboxes are blank?: Checkbox Group Properties Tooltip Labels and Values

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @RhondaW ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Badge +1

@nathaly.monge  Thank you so much for responding!  I appreciate it.  

You are asking me for input on a Checkbox but the Recipient “Role Name” that I called Signer is NOT a checkbox but the person receiving the envelope with the attached Template.  There is no way to modify a data label for the Recipient of the envelope. 

I ended up just deleting the template altogether because I could not resolve the error and created a new template. The new one works just fine and had no errors!  Thank you so for responding. I’m good now! :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @RhondaW ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m glad to hear that the new template has not giving you issues, please let us know if any other issue arises or concern.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,