Skip to main content
Solved

Do standalone Webforms count toward envelope allocation?

• 4 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Hey DocuSign team!

Recently, webforms can be built without having an underlying template assigned to them - which is great for use cases when we need to collect data but there’s no document to sign (like a Google form)

However, I’m curious, are they also billed as envelopes?

In other words, if we submit a standalone webform, will this deduct an envelope from our envelope count?

Here’s the article where standalone webforms are referenced:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ous1698169987748&topicId=gua1698120920620.html&_LANG=kokr

And it’s also in the attached screenshot in the red box

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Our plan is billed solely with envelopes usage. I believe standalone web forms won’t be charged.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you Justin, what would be the best way to get a 100% firm answer on this one? I’ve asked sales reps and they didn’t understand the difference standalone and normal webforms and told me they don’t have any information about it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@sofian_solusign

The screenshot you provided is related to the new Docusign IAM Maestro offering, which is a workflow engine. This will allow you to include a stand-alone web form into your Maestro workflow to gather data. I doubt the functionality will be available without an IAM subscription.

The pricing and packaging for IAM has not yet been released, which is the reason why sales reps did not understand what your question is referring to. The usage of stand-alone web forms should be included in the IAM subscription, which is most likely to be seat based and therefore independent from the envelope usage.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @sofian_solusign,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi! Yes I you’re right the screenshot relates to Maestro, however, webforms can be created standalone currently in the Web Form builder on a Business Pro subscription (not enterprise). So I’m tempted to think that this is because standalone Web forms can be created without the need for them to be part of a Maestro workflow. Does that make sense?

@sofian_solusign

The screenshot you provided is related to the new Docusign IAM Maestro offering, which is a workflow engine. This will allow you to include a stand-alone web form into your Maestro workflow to gather data. I doubt the functionality will be available without an IAM subscription.

The pricing and packaging for IAM has not yet been released, which is the reason why sales reps did not understand what your question is referring to. The usage of stand-alone web forms should be included in the IAM subscription, which is most likely to be seat based and therefore independent from the envelope usage.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You said @sofian_solusign that stand-alone web forms can be created without Maestro.  I don’t see that option when i try to create a web form.  It asks for a template.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @mshealy,

Thank you for following up.

The same as with PowerForms, Web Forms will require an eSignature template to start their creation process. As this will allow you to collect data that can then be printed on your template’s document for signature.

You can find detailed steps on how to create a new Web Form, here:

Web Forms Overview (Video Tutorial)

Process to Build a Web Form

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @mshealy 

Webforms do not require a template to be created. I’ve created one without a template. For now, however, it’s not possible to retrieve the web form data. Last time I spoke to Docusign support, they were shooting for 

Email from Docusign support confirming it:

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @sofian_solusign and @mshealy,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I have removed the screenshots included in your comments, as they showed your full name.

Please remember that disclosing a full name in the community is not allowed, as it breaks the Community Code of Conduct.

You can find more details on our Community Code of Conduct, here:

https://community.docusign.com/site/terms

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!