Skip to main content

Hello,

My organization is locked out from signing 3rd party documents after our enterprise account contract expired. When logging in to sign an agreement, they are met with a SAML SSO login error or if they attempt to create an account under our domain they get a generic error message. (Screenshots below)

We have already deleted the Docusign Enterprise SAML App on the Azure side and removing the TXT record from our DNS record. This was done when we originally claimed our domain for Docusign use.

After reviewing documentation, we believe our account was never closed out correctly. We never withdrew the claim to our domain, unchecked Prevent unmanaged signups, or unchecked required SSO login with our Identity provider (Azure AD). Since our account is closed out we cannot login to change these settings retroactively. Now our domain is associated with a closed out account that cannot be logged into and docusign support has only provided generic answers about disabling SSO and contacting IT.

A “workaround” is to have 3rd parties disable the login requirement however for sensitive documents this is NOT an option and many senders refuse to modify their security requirements regardless.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevant documentation

Withdraw a Domain Claim: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=tku1629136038406&topicId=idl1583359142156.html&_LANG=enus

Sign Up settings (Prevent unmanaged signups): https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=hyk1668217995409.html&_LANG=enus

Login settings: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=fnb1668218030221.html&_LANG=enus

Hello @Osprey ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to about your unfortunate experience, I understand that your Docusign account to which your organization and domain are tied to is currently closed and your people are unable to sign their documents due to a claimed domain.

I understand you had a case open, I recommend you contact support providing your issue and the following information on how to possibly solve it.

The only solution for your issue, as you stated, is to edit the claimed domain's settings. As the account that is tied to the Organization is closed, of course you wouldn’t be able to self-resolve this as you have no access. In that case, a customer support agent would have to use an Organization ACR, and the affected would have to prove ownership of the domain (either the affected would have to be a Organization Admin on the the closed Organization, or you'd have to add a TXT record to the DNS of the domain in question).

The ACR would ask to have the claimed domain removed from the Organization, therefore liberating the domain.

You can create a new case by clicking the link below, and we’ll address your request as soon as possible. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The Docusign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject. Note: If you have multiple DocuSign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @nathaly.monge

Update: I made a ticket per your instructions with support on Monday, and they are escalating as of today 5/30/2024 after asking for my account information. I will update again once I get something relevant back.

Thank you for your response.

Hello @Osprey,

Thank you for reaching back.

That’s great, I hope you can get the issue resolved. Let’s keep in touch regarding this.

Best regards,

Hi @nathaly.monge 

Unfortunately, it seems I’ve hit another roadblock. In order to execute the ACR request to withdrawal my locked domain, I need to sign a document which was sent to my account belonging to the locked domain.

I’ve already proven the original owner email address, account name, and account number as well proved domain ownership via TXT record when provided a GUID. Support requiring a signature on a DocuSign agreement from the very domain that can’t sign agreements is frustrating to say the least.

I replied back to support on 5/31/2024 letting them know the situation and have yet to hear back. 

Would it be possible for me to private message you my case number to try and come to a speedy resolution? We need our domain back.

Thanks

Hello @Osprey,

Thank you for reaching back.

Sure, I can gladly help, please DM me your case number.

Best regards,