Skip to main content

I sent an envelope with several recipients, myself first and my customer second, to whom I was sending a contract to complete and sign.

When the envelope reached the customer and he clicked on the button to access the contract, the screen asked him to access Docusign to view it.

This doesn't make any sense and I think this is the first time this has happened to us. Does anyone know why this is happening?

@Susana

There could be several reasons, why the recipient is asked to log into DocuSign before accessing the document.

This could be related to the authentication settings and login requirements set on the sender’s account, which you can look at in detail in the following DocuSign Support article:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=muh1583277327950.html&_LANG=enus

When “Login Required if Signer Has an Account” is ticked, the recipient will need to log into his DocuSign account in order to access the document. This also applies to free DocuSign accounts which the signer may have created after the signing is completed and does not require them to be a DocuSign customer as well.

This could also be related to login requirements set on the recipient’s side, which requires that they are a DocuSign customer as well and have set up additional security related to their domain for DocuSign. Most common would be the “Require login when opening envelopes” which can be set on a domain level to add an additional layer of security to the DocuSign platform, often in combination with Single Sign-on (SSO) being enabled. You can find additional information in the following DocuSign Support Article:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=fnb1668218030221.html&_LANG=enus

Many thanks!

Hi @Susana,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi Alejandro,

It has not really been possible to settle this incident due to the lack of cooperation from the recipient of the envelope.

In any case, thank you for your help and support.

Susana