Skip to main content

Hi

We’ve configured our global reminder settings to below:

On an envelope that was created, we see the following:

To test the reminders, we didn’t respond to the initial request for signature. We only got one reminder after three days, and no other reminders. As per the settings, it should send us a reminder every day. Also, the settings on the envelope should be changeable.

All reminder settings have been like this for about a month now.

Does anyone have an idea what we can do here?

Kind regards,
Bart

Hello @BartM ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the envelope reminder settings are not working as intended, I understand your envelopes does not allow the change of settings on the envelope nor are the settings set in the Settings tab working accordingly.

To better assist you, can you provide a little more information? Are you using a template? Was the template created before the change was made?

If so, can you try three things?

Create an envelope without the template?

Can you try to copy the template?: To copy a template

Can you try creating a completely new template?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge 

We are not using a template. The envelope is created from OpenText Content Server, it uploads the documents using API calls.

Kind regards,
Bart Maes

@BartM - Do you have more than one DocuSign Account?  When you are creating the envelope from the OpenText Content Server, are you authenticating the users from another account?  Or are you still in the Demo environment?

Hi @JohnSantos

The OpenText Content Server is using an administrator account on the demo DocuSign environment. We use the same account to change the settings in DocuSign.

Kind regards,
Bart Maes

@BartM - The other thing I can think of is that you might be overwriting the setting with your API call.    You might want to check your json.

{
  "emailSubject": "Please sign this document",
  "emailBlurb": "This is a friendly reminder to please sign the document.",
  "status": "sent",
  "compositeTemplates": l
    {
      "inlineTemplates": e
        {
          "sequence": "1",
          "emailSettings": {
            "reminders": {
              "reminderEnabled": "true",
              "reminderDelay": "2",  // Days after sending to start sending reminders
              "reminderFrequency": "3"  // Days between reminders
            },
            "expirations": {
              "expireEnabled": "true",
              "expireAfter": "10",  // Days until the envelope expires
              "expireWarn": "1"  // Days before expiration to warn the signer
            }
          }
        }
      ],
      "document": {
        "documentId": "1",
        "name": "Contract.pdf",
        "fileExtension": "pdf",
        "documentBase64": "<Base64_encoded_document_content>"
      }
    }
  ]
}

Thanks for the suggestion, @JohnSantos.

As OpenText is a black box, I’m trying to work with them to get associated log files and API call exports. I’ll update this thread once I get useful information.

Kind regards,
Bart Maes

Hello @BartM ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Hi @nathaly.monge, @JohnSantos 

We’ve found that the API calls from OpenText do not include any notification definitions. Looking at the API reference (https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/envelopes/envelopes/create/#schema__envelopedefinition_notification) this means that useAccountDefaults is set to false and no custom notifications are configured. This results in our current behavior no reminders, which is expected behavior.

The reminder after three days in the initial problem statement was a misunderstanding of our end users. They did not receive any reminder from DocuSign.

We’ve now requested OpenText to add the useAccountDefaults setting in their envelope creation calls, so that the default account settings are taken into account. A feature request was logged.

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter!

Kind regards,
Bart Maes

Hello @BartM ,

Thank you for reaching back and sharing your finding for other users to see if needed.

I hope what OpenText does can resolve your issue, please feel free to post on the Community Platform if any other issue or question comes up.

Have a great day!

Best regards,