Skip to main content

How can I make a powerform template to be use but my name not show as the envelope owner instead assign to the first signer?

@rmkiefer

I understand you want to create a PowerForm and make it look like the first signer is the originator of the envelope? So the following signers would see their name on the email notifications from DocuSign and think that the first signer send them the envelope?

This is not possible, as you need to specify a PowerForm sender when creating the PowerForm. The sender is a specified user from your DocuSign eSignature account and the additional signers will see this person as the envelope sender.

The person who fills out the PowerForm will be the first signer and could be someone who is not part of your DocuSign eSignature account or does not have a DocuSign user account at all. That is the whole idea behind the PowerForms that you allow self-service by sharing or embedding the URL. The person filling out the PowerForm can do so without having a DocuSign account and asking someone to send them a template. This is commonly used within HR, where they host various different templates to be completed as PowerForm when needed, e.g. requesting maternity leave, updating their personal data, etc.

Hi @rmkiefer,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!