Skip to main content

Hello! I’m hoping someone out there has some advice for me on this situation. I work for an independent insurance agent. He works selling supplemental products for a large insurance company. I won’t name names, but, quack, quack. We regularly need to have documents signed by accounts or policy holders/ applicants. I previously worked in financial sales and we utilized DocuSign, and loved it. This was never an issue, even working in the financial industry that is heavily regulated. Needless to say, I immediately implemented Docusign as our SOP for obtaining signatures. This has worked amazingly well for months and has made our business so much more efficient.  

However, we are now being told by one particular department that they will no longer accept Docusign for corrections being made to applications for new business. The applications themselves are all signed electronically, but using an Adobe platform. I’ve done some reading and based on the Esign act, I’m confused as to how one department can refuse to accept a docusign signature? We’ve gone as far as to consult with “legal”, not sure if that’s as far up as headquarters, or just within our division...but they are saying its not approved. However, we are authorized to use the Adobe platform to obtain an electronic signature. 

I don’t want to be the squeaky wheel, but I just can’t shake the feeling that someone is wrong here. I’ve witnessed the Adobe signature for applications and its no where near as secure as Docusign. Help! Advice, experience, expertise? Please share! 

Yes, confuse for this policy. DocuSign is the first in eSign. 

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.