Skip to main content

I’ve been trying to see if it’s possible to do some kind of dynamic routing. For example I have a form that can have anywhere from 0-3 additional people needing to be included but those people are always known until the form has already been started. 

Ideally I’d looking for a way to do something like this where they can specify whether or not the form should be sent to a supervisor, include the supervisors name and email and then have the form get kicked over to them after they’ve filled out their portion of the form. I just don’t want to make 1283 different versions of the form document for each possible combo that could maybe happen.

Yes, this is a DocuSign feature called “Conditional Routing” (or Advanced Recipient Routing).  The feature is based on the DocuSign Account features for your specific account type so you need to check whether this is available for your DocuSign Account. Here is a link to start reviewing the feature:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=bhr1604354031124.html&_LANG=enus

Basically this feature uses DocuSign fields to set Rules that would route the envelope to additional Recipients.

Hi @TMHolton,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, please let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!