Skip to main content

My contract must have functioning Check Boxes. I inserted them using the instructions here: 

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=mks1578456508623.html&_LANG=enus

I created a checkbox on the first item, copied it, and created the second checkbox on the second item. I tested the checkboxes and saw that I could click on the first, click on the second, and then unclick the first. So it appeared to be working.

At the signature lines, I inserted text boxes for name, title (at company) and a signature box for the signature.

I filled everything out. The document came back to me with NO CHECKBOXES. Not even checked or unchecked. They simply didn't appear. Just blank spaces.

To repeat: I tested the check boxes and they functioned when I sent them for signature. The signatory checked one of the boxes. But the document was returned to both me and the signatory without any check boxes. Just blank spaces.

Hi @laslaw01,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible. I am sorry to hear that your check boxes are not included in your completed documents, but I will assist you in locating the root cause of the issue. To start troubleshooting, please copy your envelope and double check your check boxes’ configuration. I am interested in the font’s color in the Check Box Group’s Field Properties menu. You can find detailed steps on this process, here:

Copy Envelopes

Field Properties

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @laslaw01,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!