Question

Data Reconciliation Setup


Badge +1

Could Someone help me with Problem solving what I need to update to get the “Data Reconciliation” Step to work in CLM Workflow?

My end goal is pass in the track changes from a document and then have those changes be passed into salesforce.

 

This is what has been built so for 

  • Document Generation Form: This has been setup and is linked to salesforce with track changes turned on.
  • Workflow Steps created
    • Find Document Step
    • Compare Documents
      •  

    • Data Reconciliation
    • Variable “TestDocMain”
    • Error Message:
    •  


9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey there, I hope you are doing great.

1. First, I wanted to know the requirement behind using “Compare Document” step?
2. Second, You are tracking changes for the field “Audit_Narrative” right? so do you have track name merge tag on template?

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hello @Pawan Gangwani ,

 

Thank you for your help on this! The “Compare Document” was me trying to get Tracked fields to bring to the “Data Reconciliation” Step. I have also tried to use the “Compare Tracked Contact” Step but when I do I get “Action failed with exception, returned: No document found for path: 3|TestDocMain. Reference ID: c501de33-d3c3-408c-b2d3-c5c7048ee06f. Inst: 130527 '179bc751-f79d-439a-98ec-b160f8c90998'.”

 

Yes the “Audit_Narrative” is the name of the Track field in the Document Generation Form.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I got the reason for what causing issue. So I can explain my use case solution by which you can solve it.

So you do not need the find document step and the Compare document step. when it comes to track the fields on template we use step called “Get Track Content” and select the document and save the output.

Then you apply “Data Reconciliation” step and select the same document and the same output which saved in previous step. you can refer the SS that I am attaching.
 


Keep me on radar if you have any​​ questions. ​​​​​

Badge +1

Thank you @Pawan Gangwani for your continue help on this after making some updates to the workflow Im still getting an error below are the update that I made

Error: 

Get Tracked Content

 

Data Reconciliation

 

Variable “TrackField” output (Note: “Test@@” was the new updated value):

  • <TrackedContent><UniqueName>Audit_Narrative_1</UniqueName><ParentPath></ParentPath><TrackName>Audit_Narrative</TrackName><Instance>1</Instance><Value><![CDATA[<w:p w:rsidP="4E5D2FCD" wp14:paraId="7405AEC6" xmlns:wp14="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2010/wordml" wp14:textId="1CE10F31" xmlns:w="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main"> <w:pPr> <w:pStyle w:val="Normal" /> <w:suppressLineNumbers w:val="0" /> <w:bidi w:val="0" /> <w:spacing w:before="0" w:beforeAutospacing="off" w:after="200" w:afterAutospacing="off" w:line="276" w:lineRule="auto" /> <w:ind w:left="0" w:right="0" /> <w:jc w:val="left" /> <w:rPr> <w:sz w:val="20" /> <w:szCs w:val="20" /> </w:rPr> </w:pPr> <w:r w:rsidR="4E5D2FCD"> <w:rPr /> <w:t>Test@@</w:t> </w:r> </w:p>]]></Value><ValuePlainText>Test@@</ValuePlainText></TrackedContent>
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey 

the Error shows= “No track field matched any of the tracked name provided”. make sure it has the track name merge tag.
Ex: <# <Content Select="//Employee_Title" TrackName="Employee_Title" Optional="true"/> #>

highlighted Red Text will be the xpath of your field.

Badge +1

@Pawan Gangwani Both the Template and Form show the following value:

Form:

Template:

 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @jafisher, that’s quite strange. I create one POC on my demo and it worked as expected.
I hope that audit_narrative field is coming from salesforce? and You are making changes into that field after generating contract?

You can see my Task of Data Reconciliation:
 

 

Badge +1

@Pawan Gangwani Do you have any other thoughts on what this could be? Below shows the Audit Narrative being synced with salesforce and when I do a test run salesforce passes in a value of “Audit Narrative” in the text field and then in CLM I have a approve step which I then use the office online tool to change the field value to “Test@@”. Which when I run the log of the process I can see the track value of “Test@@” being added

  • <TrackedContent><UniqueName>Audit_Narrative_1</UniqueName><ParentPath></ParentPath><TrackName>Audit_Narrative</TrackName><Instance>1</Instance><Value><![CDATA[<w:p w:rsidP="4E5D2FCD" wp14:paraId="7405AEC6" xmlns:wp14="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2010/wordml" wp14:textId="1CE10F31" xmlns:w="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main"> <w:pPr> <w:pStyle w:val="Normal" /> <w:suppressLineNumbers w:val="0" /> <w:bidi w:val="0" /> <w:spacing w:before="0" w:beforeAutospacing="off" w:after="200" w:afterAutospacing="off" w:line="276" w:lineRule="auto" /> <w:ind w:left="0" w:right="0" /> <w:jc w:val="left" /> <w:rPr> <w:sz w:val="20" /> <w:szCs w:val="20" /> </w:rPr> </w:pPr> <w:r w:rsidR="4E5D2FCD"> <w:rPr /> <w:t>Test@@</w:t> </w:r> </w:p>]]></Value><ValuePlainText>Test@@</ValuePlainText></TrackedContent>
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @jafisher, My bad I should have asked you about the field type first.

The same issue occurs in one of project where text box field track content does not work. we raised this issue to the DocuSign Support and they are working on this with there engineer team. 
Case #: 13481771

But the good news I found the solution please follow the below steps:

1. Navigate the “Audit narrative” text filed on you form and enable the “Rich Text” in field properties.
2. Now Copy the merge tag of the filed and paste it on the template or just replace it with the new one.
3. And run the test, Because this solution works for me. 

Thanks!

Reply