Solved

Silent Install

• 23 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Has anyone figured out a silent installation method for the printer? I have 70 machines and none of my users are local administrators. Connecting to each machine and manually installing it will take hours when I could have it done in PDQ Deploy in a few minutes. There's a 5 year old thread with a supposedly working set of switches but it appears that no longer works with the current installer.

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 29 October 2020, 03:59

View Original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Well Docusign support told me to give up and install it manually but I finally figured it out thanks to some help from an old Spiceworks thread. Despite the fact that it's 2020, Docusign hasn't bothered to get their driver signed. This causes the install to fail unless the driver certificate is already in the trusted store. So, if you're doing a new install of it, you need to do a wizard install on an endpoint, then export the certificate and then install it on your client machines. Here are the steps:

1. Install the driver on a workstation
  2. Make sure you select the "always trust" option when prompted
  3. Open Internet Explorer and go to Settings|Content|Certificates
  4. On the tabs up top find Trusted Publishers, click on DocuSign, Inc
  5. Click Export
  6. Leave the default selection of DER encoded binary X.509 and hit next
  7. Name it docusigncert or whatever you feel like calling it
  8. Save it to your preferred location
  9. Now, in your install script, you can add it to the trusted installers with this command: certutil - addstore -f "TrustedPublisher" docusigncert.cer (or whatever you named it)
  10. Now you can setup your regular install script. For parameters see, this handy guide:

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/print-driver-quick-start-v3-x

Then join me in wondering why support isn't extraordinarily aware of this issue, given that it looks like they have absolutely never gotten any of their driver versions signed. One would think perhaps they would mention this in the documentation if they're not going to bother getting it signed, or at a minimum making sure there's a kb article out there for support. Maybe in the future they can just link this thread.

If you're using PDQ, here are some nice screen shots.

docusign1docusign2

Userlevel 2

how to install docusign edit by command and not restart?

Userlevel 2

I don't want it to restart when doing it through deployment