• 7 replies

Badge +1

I’m using Docusign Envelope events:

• Sent
  • Delivered
  • Voided
  • Declined
  • Completed

I do have a signer & a carbon-copy as well attached to the envelope. Now, the problem is Envelope-Delivered gets triggered only when all the recipients including the carbon-copy opens it. In my case, the recipient in the carbon-copy doesn’t open until unless its completed.

So, I wanted to use Recipient-Delivered event such that we can get this event when any of the recipient opens it. So that I can monitor the signer’s status & can use it accordingly.

So, my actual question is if the recipient in carbon-copy opens it after the signer has signed it, do we still get the delivered trigger??

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@jagadeesh.ch 

Recipient status “delivered” does not apply for carbon copy recipients. It is only for recipients that actually need to perform an action, e.g. “Needs to Sign”. For example when you have two recipients signing and then a third recipient receiving a copy after those two have signed. The envelope will already be in the “completed” status and you will not receive a delivered status when the carbon copy recipient received the notification.

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave 
Thanks for the reply. Does the routing order matter here if we place carbon copy at 2 & the signer at 3??

Also, lets say I don’t have the Recipient-Delivered event, but I do have Envelope-Delivered event & consider the above routing order. If the carbon-copy doesn’t open the doc, then we can’t get the Envelope-Delivered event even if the signer opens it, but once the signer signs it, the status will be Completed & hence Envelope-Completed event will be triggered. Now, at this point of time, if the carbon-copy recipient opens the doc, do we get Envelope-Delivered trigger now eventhough the status of doc is completed???

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

No, the routing order shouldn’t matter, it only gives visibility from a certain point in time to the carbon copies. You can add them in the first place, if you want them to have visibility to something being send out or in the last place, if they should be informed after signature only. Those are the most common configurations at customers, but it is also possible to add them somewhere in the middle, if you process requires this.

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave 
Thank you so much for answering. Can you also plz answer the other query in my prev question??

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@jagadeesh.ch 

No, there will not be any “delivered” event after the envelope is in the status “completed”.

What do you want to do with the “delivered” event anyway? From what I have implemented, most customers only use the envelope status events and for recipient events mostly “Recipient Signed/Completed” or the “Recipient Sent” event, if they want to update like a SharePoint list with more detailed information.

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave 
What if I wanted to get the form data which the signer filled in the docusign doc?? How can I get the filled form data here?? Can we get that from the callback of the webhook events?? or do I need use getFormData api or something like that? What’s the best way to get that & what’s the process of it?? Appreciate your time & thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@jagadeesh.ch 

Yes, the form data will be included in the web hook even. You are able to download them in the Docusign eSignature Web App or leverage the Docusign eSignature REST API to retrieve the data. Choose the option that is most suitable for you, depending on the manual web app or automated Docusign Connect or API option.