Question

one envelope with multiple templates

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I want to send an envelope with thee pre-created templates to one recipient. However when I add the three templates to one envelope, only the fields for the signature in the first templates shows up. In the other two templates none of the predefined fields are showing up.

How do I add multiple templates for the same recipient, so that all the pre-defined fields are displayed?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @floos ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I’m sorry to hear that not all the fields are showing up, I understand you need to use 3 templates in one envelope.

To better understand your issue, can you walk me through the steps you took to add the templates?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @floos ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Badge +1

this was solved. please delete this thread. thanks!

Badge

I’m having a similar issue. Can you tell me how this was resolved? TIA

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @CCabral ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I’m sorry to hear that your also having the same issue with the fields not showing up, I understand you need to use 3 templates in one envelope.

Can you provide further information regarding your issue?

Are you using AutoPlace? Can you provide the exact steps you took to get to your issue?

Best regards,

Badge

Hi and thanks, @nathaly.monge!

To clarify, I am trying to send 1 envelope in Docusign that includes 3 templates, each of which needs to be signed in Docusign-- USING A ZAPIER INTERFACE. 

The issue only occurs when I try to send more than one template in a single envelope using a “zap”. The problem is this: The envelope is successfully created WITH all 3 templates; however, the fields within each template that need to be signed via Docusign are MISSING on all except the final template. I can re-order which template is created 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and no matter which order they are in, the envelope created always skips the first 2 templates for signing and jumps to the last template. (For example, if I put the Officer Contract first in my Zap, it is skipped in Docusign.) Therefore, the recipient gets an envelope with documents inside it that they cannot sign. It simply skips past the first 2 documents- as if there are NO SIGNABLE FIELDS on any template except the last template in the envelope.

Does that make sense? I understand this involves Zap, so it’s a less common scenario. I’ve tried turning on and off different settings, and nothing makes a difference….

Zap sends 1 envelope with any 1 template (Contract OR IRS Form OR Declaration Form) - each is successful

Zap sends 1 envelope with All 3 templates - failure on first 2 templates

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @CCabral ,

Thank you for reaching back and providing further information.

Can you confirm this is also happening in Docusign directly? Instead of going through Zap, can you try prepping the templates directly in Docusign? 

Best regards,