Question

On the go

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to have a template that you can fill in blanks like name and scope on the app to send to customers while out in the field? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @SGorman 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

I’m not sure if I understand your request, but let me shed some light on it.

Using the Docusign App for iOS or Android you can send envelopes and use templates on the go, does not matter where you are since you have an Internet connection.

To fill up fields as you said, I could mention two options (I’m not saying those are the only ones):

1) Create Custom Envelope Fields like Project name, scope, etc..
    Those fields can appear for all new envelopes being sent or you can use them only in a Template.
    Custom Envelopes fields permits to you fill up information before sending an envelope, those fields can be used later for Searches and Reports.

2) Using a Template you can also add Text fields to be filled up by your recipients or even by the Sender. 

Let me know,

Alexandre

Badge

Hello, jumping on here as Ive spent some time with Support today about this.

They explained you cant do this on the app whilst out in the field

I created a template with basic text fields on PC but when I go to the app - I cant request signatures using this template as a message appears under template stating ‘’Required Envelope custom field is not supported’’

I dont have any custom fields in there as I dont have the plan that allows custom fields.

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @SGorman and @Andrew MCS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.