Question

Notifications for PowerForms

• 26 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I have created a PowerForm to be used by our Human Resources department.  There are two people in the HR department who should receive notifications when a form has been completed.  I made one of them the sender.  For the other, I added them as a CC on the template (see Template Screen Shot attachment).  But, when I tested the form, I found that the name and email address i had added for the CC recipient are visible on the landing page of the PowerForm and can be edited by the 1st recipient (see PowerForm Signer View attachment).  I don’t want the signer to be able to change this or even see it.  Is there a better way to ensure that the HR rep gets a copy of the completed form?  Surely, this cannot be a unique issue - it seems to me to be a fairly basic need.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Teri.Maier - For sure you can turn it off in Advanced Settings for Recipients:

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the “Add Recipients” section of the template.
  2. Open the ‘More’ dropdown option and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
  3. Set the Recipient Modification boxes to not allow senders to edit and not allow senders to delete.
  4. This way, the first recipient won’t be able to modify the CC recipient’s information on the landing page.
Badge +1

Thanks, John!  This helped - when i tested, i was no longer able to edit the name and email address for the HR Rep.  Is there a way to make the notification occur entirely in the background so the signer does not see this at all?  If not, is there at least a way to edit the instructions that appear above the HR rep’s info?  The instructions say “Please provide information for any other signers needed for this document.”  This is misleading for the signer since they don’t have to do anything at all in these fields.  Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Teri.Maier - One way to do this is to move the name and the email address of the signer directly on the form.    This will skip the landing page all together. 

Badge +1

I’m not sure I understand.  How would I do that?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Teri.Maier - Add two fields on your form directly:  Full Name and Email Address for the signing recipient in your workflow.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Teri.Maier,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!