Question

How do I set up template to pre-upload folks info with necessary information in specific areas of the form?

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a template set-up but is there any way we can skip the process of having external folks do anything with the form? We're thinking of automatically exporting the folk’s data, then pre-upload their info to the form with all the information in it, bulk sign and send them out. How do we set this up? Do we have to have that bulk list ready to set up those automations?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@jcriollo - You can use the Bulk send feature to pre-populate the data on the form.   You can also set the fields to be read-only but might run the risk of having the signers not able to correct the data.   You will need to have your template ready with clear and descriptive fields so you can create the CSV file and pre-populate the data that way.

Badge +1

Do you know how we would need to set-up the CSV file? Is there a template provided? Also, do you know if we can do like a bulk sign-off? Like once all this information pre-populates, we then send to the main point person to sign and then have it sent to the recipient. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@jcriollo - When you have added all the fields on your template, you can select Use the template. (You won’t send it yet).  In the Add recipients area your will see a link to Bulk send.  Click it.   This will take you to where you can upload your CSV file. (But you don’t have it yet)

You will also find and option to Download a Sample CSV with all your labels on the headings of the CSV.

There is not an option to Bulk Sign.   Once you do a Bulk Send, there will be each independent envelope to process.   You can add the signature to your Document and have it be part of the template.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @jcriollo,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!