Question

Double initial button?

• 8 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,
When dealing with two clients that require initials, is it possible to create a button the would allow double initials instead of individually placing both initials individually side by side? That would save time and the spacing would be aligned perfectly.
Thanks,
Mark

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @Mark Gomes 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

You can select the two initials field then Copy (Ctrl+C) then Paste (Ctrl+V). Go in every page then paste them where you want.

Furthermore, there is an advanced feature called Auto Place where you can define a word or phrase in your document pages where you would like to place those initials.

Watch this video explaining how to use Auto Place: 

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Badge +1

How do I get the 2 initials field?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Mark Gomes So the “Initial” field can be added for each Recipient.  The “Initial” field could be set as conditional based on another field such as a Text, Radio, Checkbox, or Dropdown.  Each “Initial” field for each Recipient is independent, there is no way to have one Initials field that combines the Initials for Recipient 1 and Recipient 2. Setting them side by side is your best option as least from the explanation in the initial description.  

Badge +1

Thanks David, That’s what I was wishing for. One click that would populate the initials for two clients, saving the need to repeat the action.

Hopefully DocuSign can make this a reality in the next version.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Mark Gomes ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!