Question

Auto populate a date and set it 2 years prior to Date Signed field

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi! We are using Nintex and Docusign. 

I am trying to use Document custom field tags to capture Date Signed field. Is it possible to auto populate a date field which is 2 years prior to Date Signed custom field?

I tried creating a new Document custom field with the formula AddYears(\datesigned\,-2) but it does not seem to be working.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Abhind

I think you are on the right track, setting up a formula field and leveraging the AddYears() function. However, you need the data label of the field and not the anchor text string in the formula. Replace \datesigned\ with the actual data label, e.g. “Date Signed” for the field to make it work.

This Docusign Support article has more information on working with Dates in a formula.

Badge +1

Thank you Michael,

I tried using the label but it’s still coming as blank. Should the formula be placed in “Initial Value” box?

Also is there an option of using Today’s date in this formula like AddYears(“Today”,-2)?

Thanks for your response

Badge +1

Placing the AddYears  formula in Initial value just prints the formula and does not calculate the date

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Abhind 

See the following set up in Docusign eSignature. No, there is no Today() function in Docusign eSignature. You can only use number and date fields in your envelope. They need to belong to the same recipient.

End Result

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Abhind ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!