Question

Red box around fields

• 26 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

A client sent a document for me to fill out and sign. There are 4 columns with 4 fields across (left to right) each column. There is a red line around the 4 boxes in the top fields. The fields below this do not have the red lines around them. It I fill out these fields, sign the form and try to send it takes me to the fields hilighted in red as an error. I cannot get the red lines to go away. BTW the red lines around these boxes are present when I first open the link and have not started to fill it out. No other fields have the red lines. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @Ken 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

A document inside a Docusign envelope shows red lines in the fields border when is requiring information so cannot be empty or there is a Validation rule checking the data input.

Even after filling up the required fields they will stay with redlines. Only after you sign and complete the envelope, those fields will only show the information typed, but none redlines in the border.

Those other fields in the document you include here, they are Optional fields so no redlines in the border.

In the example you see a filled out field keeping redline borders, those required but empty has dashed red border.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Badge +1

Thanks Alexandre but I did complete this field and signed the form and the red lines do not disappear. When I try to Finish it jumps back that field. I have had three people from tech-support at the company who sent this document tried to resolve the issue and they could not. They suggested I contact doc you sign for tech-support. I have tried, but cannot find a way to get tech-support except the bot which is useless. Any company who does not give you a phone number for tech-support should not exist.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @Ken 

I apologize for the inconvenience, related to your case.

To get more information you’ll need to create a case with DocuSign Support, please see How do I open a case in the DocuSign Support Center? more information. You can also check our article below:

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can find below the available phone numbers to contact Customer Support:

• North America: 1-800-379-9973
  • Australia: +61 1800 841 231
  • United Kingdom: +44 203 714 4800
  • France: +33 975 181 331 (09:00 - 17:00 CET/CEST)
  • Brazil: +55 11 3330 1000 (08:00 - 19:00 BRT/BRST)
  • Germany: +49 800 7241 748 (09:00 - 17:00 CET/CEST)
  • Netherlands: +31 20 808 5264 (09:00 - 17:00 CET/CEST)

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Badge +1

I did follow the instructions to open a case but I never found any link that said, open a case. Thank you for providing contact numbers. I do appreciate your help. Maybe you can tell the powers that be to put the phone numbers on the website under support.