Solved

DocuSign Questions

Badge +1

Hi DocuSign team,

Would you be able to help me with answering the questions below?

• What are your costs for a single signature transaction.
  • What is considered a transaction in DocuSign? Is it maybe that for every one document that is signed (regardless of how many individuals are signing it), exactly one transaction takes place. Or is it that the number of transactions is the same as number of people signing (regardless of how many documents are involved), or is it something else?
  • Is there a minimum number of transactions which an organization that purchases a DocuSign membership must commit for a year? Can this number change as the year goes on?

In our organization, we would need to execute signatures via another software. This software requires that integrator Key and Secret Key are provided for the application which executes e-signatures. From my understanding, this is offered in DocuSign, but Admin access in DocuSign would need to be provided for it. Would these keys be offered with a regular membership plan?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

NGIF

icon

Best answer by nathaly.monge 27 March 2024, 20:11

View Original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @NGIF-Capital-Corp ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you have several questions regarding DocuSign plans. I would be happy to help in what I can.

Just to confirm, when you say transaction, do you mean an envelope?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hello @nathaly.monge ,

Thank you for your response, your help is highly appreciated.

Sorry, yes, I meant envelope.

Kind regards,

NGIF

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @NGIF-Capital-Corp ,

Thank you for reaching back and confirming.

Please see the below responses:

• DocuSign does not have a specific price on single envelopes, we only work with plans and you can see the pricing of these in the following link: eSignature plans & pricing
  • You can consider an envelope as a singular or multiple documents with a singular or multiple recipients in it that is sent, they key word being ”sent”. In other words anything sent via DocuSign would be an envelope regardless of the number of documents, fields or recipients.
  • No, there isn’t, when you purchase a plan, lets say an annual plan, you would get a specified number of available envelopes. If you use them all and need more before the plan renews you can purchase more, and if you do not use them all it would not affect you in any way.
  • Regarding the plan, if you are looking to send document via your own API you would need a DocuSign developer account (which is free) and a DocuSign API plan, please view “How are developer plans different from standard eSignature plans?” under the following link: Choose your plan

Also, for more information on Apps and Keys and the Go-Live process, please view the following article: Apps and Keys

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hello @nathaly.monge,

Thank you for the reply on the questions. Your response was helpful.

Regarding your 3rd bulleted response:

• If our organization ends up using less then provided envelopes per month, would we be able to get refunded (either at the end of the year, or every month) for the envelopes which we never ended up using?

Regarding your 4th bulleted response:

• Can a DocuSign Developer account be accessible any time, even by a DocuSign account user who never had purchased any DocuSign plans in the past?

Please let me know if you need any clarity on the questions above.

Thank you again.

Regards,

NGIF

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you for reaching back.

Glad to help, I will clarify your follow-up questions below:

• According to DocuSign Refund Policy, we only offer refunds under the following circumstances:

• You canceled your NEW annual plan (not monthly) and requested a refund within the 30-day risk free window.

• You canceled your EXISTING annual plan (not monthly) and requested a refund within 30 days from renewal.

• You downgraded your annual (not monthly) plan to a free account and requested a refund within the 30-day risk free window.

• Yes, any user can use/have a developer account without the need of being an admin, however, to convert your integration from Demo to Production you need to be an admin in the production account. You can create a developer account using the following link: What are my options for a DocuSign Trial account, Demo account, Developer account, or Free account?

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hi @nathaly.monge,

Thank you for the information, and for the reply.

From my understanding, this would mean that there isn’t flexibility to adjust the number of envelopes per month, its instead that the number of envelopes stays the same from month to month. Is that correct?

Thank you for your response.

Kind regards,

@NGIF-Capital-Corp 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Plans can be changed at any time as per needed, however, these plans can not be changed automatically (meaning they do not adjust automatically to your needs), so if it is not changed manually the envelopes will remain the same month to month. Also, changing the plan does not only affect the envelopes but can also affect features that might be included in some and not the others, the seats available and so on.

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hi @nathaly.monge ,

Thank you for your answer.

What would your recommendation be for a DocuSign plan where, in some months, the number of envelopes used monthly is zero and other months less then 40? Say, no more than 20 envelopes. In our organization we would need the ability to have a developer account so that we can use an integrator key.

Please let me know if you need clarity on the above.

Regards,

NGIF

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I would actually recommend you contact our sales department as they can provide a personalized service and recommendations on what the best plan would be for you and your needs. I do have to say that, according to your information, an API plan would be best due to the need to create integrations (other than the free developer account mentioned previously) and send them to production.

You can reach out to our Sales organization at https://www.docusign.com/contact-sales or 1-877-720-2040.

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hi @nathaly.monge ,

Thank you for your response and the recommendation.

This makes sense. I got in contact with sales.

Thank you and all the best.

Regards,

NGIF

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Happy to help and I’m glad to hear that your questions have been answered.

Please reach back to the DocuSign Community if you have any further concerns or if any issue has appeared. I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,