Question

Date format is not according to signer's timezone

• 18 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi!

I have some documents that have two signers with different timezones and the documents are showing my timezone and date format on the “date signed” field for both signers.

Is it possible to have different timezones and date formats in the same document? If yes, how do I set my account or the document so the “date signed” field shows the signer’s timezone and date format and not mine?

Thank you!

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @juci 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

In the Settings page, go to the Regional Settings then verify the option below:

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Badge +1

Hi Alexandre!

Thank you for your quicky response.

Under the Regional Settings I don’t see an option to modify the Date Signed Field settings, this is what I see from my side.

Is it possible that my company’s Admin have to change my permissions or smt? Can they do it for my account only?

Badge +1

Hi Alexandre, thank you for your quicky respose!

I tried to reply here before but my response is not being shown. I’m not sure if it was delivered or not, so I’m replying again. sorry if it is duplicated.

I don’t see these options to change the Date Signed Field settings on my side. The only options I have on the Regional Setting are “match my computer timezone” or “specify a time zone”, nothing related to the Date Signed Field.

Do you think that my company’s account Admin has to change my permissions or smt like that? If yes, can they change it for my account only?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @juci 

The Date Signed configuration is under Settings page. Only Admins can access and change that setting.

If you’re not the Admin of the account tthen you won’t see the Settings page so ask him/her about your need to change de Signed Date to the Recipient.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Alexandre

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @juci,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro and Alexandre!

Sorry for the delay, I had some issues to contact the admin of my account  to try the solutions suggested.

In the end all the suggestions were already correct on the admin account side also so I dont really know why the signatures keep showing with my timezone instead of the signers’ timezone.

I’ll try to contact support team by phone next.

If you have any more suggestions we could check I appreciate it!

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @juci,

Thank you for following up.

This behavior should be defined by your account default set in Settings>Regional Settings>Time Zone.

Recipients without an active DocuSign user will be the only exception to this rule. In this scenario, the sender account’s time zone will be used.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

How are time zone account settings used?

I hope this helps, let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will look into it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro!

Thanks for the new ideias. I’m checking with the other people that sign most of the documents I have to send has an DocuSign account, but I suspect they have because they sign a lot of them haha

I’m also waiting for more information from my admin contact with DocuSign support team

Thanks again, have a great weekend!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @juci,

I appreciate you taking the time of sharing these details with us.

It would be great if you could let us know how it goes with your admin/signers, as well as the result of your interaction with our support team, so the root cause/solution can be shared with future users facing this issue.

In the meantime, don’t hesitate in posting any other issues or concerns you may have and I will address them as soon as possible.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!