Question

An approver and a signatory across 2 documents

Badge

I am sending an envelope with 2 documents, a contract coversheet and the contract to be signed. The first recepient needs to view both documents and has an approval button on the coversheet. Both documents then need to go to the 2nd recipent for signing the contract. I tried setting this up and seems each recipient can only view the document for which they had actions assigned, not both documents in the envelope. Is there a way to set this up or would it be managed by sending seperate envelopes to the 2 recipients. Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Lizts 

This sounds like the Document Visibility feature is turned on in your Docusign account, which has the described behaviour of showing only documents with an action to the recipient.

The easiest way to fix this is to add a field for the other recipient that should be able to see the document. This can be a text field without a value and configured as read only. For multiple recipients you can also enable collaboration to have single field configured for the recipients that should see a document without having an action on it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Lizts,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.