Question

Requiring the use of Access Codes

• 13 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to require our users to use access code for their recipients. When testing this I get a message that an Authentication Method must be specified for each recipient. I cannot find where that is done.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, @Joseph 

It’s nice to see your question here in the Community!

Can you send a screenshot with the mentioned message?

There is the Access Code where the sender creates a code or use one automatically created, and there is an ID verification using SMS or Phone where a security token is sent to the recipients mobile phone.

Which one are you using?

Thanks!

Alexandre 

Badge +1

This is the Access Code created by the Sender. Once the documents and recipients are added you click Next in the lower right. I then get the message Each recipient must have an authentication method type specified.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

On this case under Add Recipients, the sender must add at least one recipient then select Customize, use an ID Verification method SMS or Phone authentication or even Knowledge Database if the sender is based in USA.

If there are more than one recipient, the sender must select via Customize option the ID verification method.

Click on the sessions Add Recipients, send another screenshot so I can see how the Authentication method is configured for each recipient.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

H @Joseph,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!