Question

I cant see the attachment tab when editing template

• 10 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I have a business pro account, and I have the signer attachments setting enabled. But when I create an envelope or use a template, the option is not available to me. I have both settings turned on.

What am I doing wrong? 

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @joy mckay !

If you try to create an entirely new Template, can you see the Attachment field? If your answer is “yes”, these templates were probably created before the administrator activated this feature, and for some reason this was not reflected in this template. However, if you also don't see the option on new models, check the options below:

Access Settings (you must be a Admin) > Sending Settings > “Enable signer attachment field”.

Mf0XGvyaAf-flzfLfR8xOSgtRVJlQMXFbNoJRf-DDCVWpyj6U8sgGRarsdyrPoBSKUdvuxxrWBPCUD7BwkRT_nglFDlYGzpPEZ6J2chPZF3Asn9fk1h53X_vhC40oq1LqDTX3wQGnNXg8mcVQ15Dcm8

Badge +1

Hi @vinicius.rodrigues I created a new template and already had those settings on and I still do not see the attachment feild

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @vinicius.rodrigues I created a new template and already had those settings on and I still do not see the attachment feild

Hi @joy mckay !
Just to be sure, when you created a new template, you can’t localize the Attachment field? Because senders must add the field Attachment to the document, like this:

they must add the field Attachment to the document, like this:

7FlY-ATAu2a8Io9pheIrmMrRj6YYU51TQ_QM1AAvWPHJAZhFiLc7OrWZlVTmqRjNYx71jM4Uqtf_P4bslhYYS9blVG5sdm44fxLDTcy0fT4hclDIs_k1DnH0BqyI7tUcuWHnGb0I9_ScenY5rDwjPmM

Please check this article for more information: Add Attachments to a Document to Provide Supporting Information

Badge +1

@Vinicius.Rodrigues yeah I dont get the attachment field in my sidebar when I make a new temopate

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Vinicius.Rodrigues yeah I dont get the attachment field in my sidebar when I make a new temopate

@joy mckay , thanks for your confirmation!

The last thing I’d like to check with you is about your user profile. Could you please check if the profile assigned to you has the “Allow signer attachments” enabled? To check it, please access Settings > Permission Profiles > find your profile and on Actions then Edit/view > User Permissions tab.

If you’d like to get more information about it, please access this article: Permission Profile Options

Badge +1

I am the admin I just joined docusign so I should have all permissions

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@joy mckay if you can double-check this information, could be interesting. In Docusign eSignature, there is the option to create some custom profiles, including Admins!

However, if you've already checked it and it's enabled, I don't see any other settings that could block it. In this case, my suggestion is to open a ticket with the Technical Support Team so that they can internally analyze your user and account settings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @joy mckay ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!