Question

I can't resend an envelope that my team member sent

• 28 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

My team member created and sent the envelope and even though I am the administrator I can’t resend to the person we are waiting on. The option is not available to me in the drop down for actions on ones that she sent, and it is an option on ones I have sent.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, @HeatherW 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Question: Are those envelopes send from others shared with your user? Depending of the shared option chosen by the Admin of your account (Share Envelopes in the Users section) you can take several options including Resend.

By default, Administrator can only manager their own envelopes. To manager others envelopes it’s need to use the Share Envelopes option in the Setting page under Users section.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre 

Badge +1

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for you reply. It is not intuitive at all that the administrator has limited access to actions.

I do not see “Shared Envelopes” in the Users section of settings. Do I need to “Share Access” instead?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, @HeatherW 

Yep! You should select an user then click on the Actions menu, choose Share Access. You’ll get three sharing options, select the one that will grant the level of permissions in the envelopes accordingly your need.

Let me know,

Alexandre

Badge +1

This is really frustrating.

I allowed shared access for both me and my team member to each other’s envelopes.

I still can not resend an envelope that she created.

Also, there ought to be an option for the duration to be “forever” - not just picking a specific timeframe. I don’t want to have to reset this feature with this team member.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey, @HeatherW 

I understand. Sometimes is frustrating doing some things in the beginning, however when they work as we need, it’s rewarding!

Let me know which option did you use when sharing envelopes between your team, as shown below:
Select one of the following permissions and then select NEXT:

• Allow to manage on behalf of [User Name]: Allows the selected user to view envelopes, view history, download files, and move envelopes into folders.
  • Allow to edit on behalf of [User Name]: In addition to the manage permissions, allows the selected user to correct, resend, and void the user's envelopes.
  • Allow to send on behalf of [User Name]: In addition to the manage and edit permissions, allows the selected user to send envelopes, edit drafts, resend, void, and correct in addition to managing on the user's behalf.

About keep it forever, you just need no add any end date, leave in blank. That makes last until you change it again in the future, manually.

Also, after concluding the shared access activity, you should logoff from your account then login again.

See this articles for detailed information about Share Access.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Badge +1

Hi Alexandre,

Unfortunately, the share access process has not worked. This is the permission I gave myself for my teammate’s envelopes:

I logged off and have been away for an hour. I still can’t access her envelopes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, @HeatherW 

Question: when you use the Manage Share Access have you selected this option: Allow to send on behalf of {username}

BTW, you don’t need to add an End Date so that will keep the shared configuration “forever” until you decide to change it in the future.

Let me know

Alexandre

Badge +1

You’re joking, right?

I chose “manage” my stuff because that word usually means someone can do all of the things. 

I have to select “edit” which apparently does not include the ability to move envelopes into folders, and it’s an either/or choice? I am so frustrated by how impossible it is to set anything up for my team without spending a day or more in a chat.

Also, the UI in the settings module is ridiculously unclear about things like not needing to set an end date. I had similar issues with another part of the settings - the UI team needs to pay attention to customer feedback and give us some hints onscreen. 

I watched the video for setting up these settings, which would have been a useful place to discuss the nuances of these access settings as well as clue us in on not needing to set an end date.

It’s not you Alexandre, and I know you have no control over any of this, but the user experience as an admin is lousy.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @HeatherW

Thank you for following up. 

Splitting the Shared Access user rights into 2 different actions is eSignature’s default behavior and there is no way to work around it with the application's current design.

Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. 

I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation.

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. 

Otherwise, please share your thoughts with our development team by emailing your request to 

feedback@docusign.com.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!