Question

expired envelopes

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I received an email that an envelope has expired and is now voided. I have no idea what envelope is now voided. I searched by voided and by one of the recipients names nothing. I use templates and send over 400 a year so the subject line search isn’t helping. I received the email today and there are not voided envelopes with today’s date on them.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, @Roe1759 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Your question here is very appreciated.

An envelope when expires will automatically change the status for Voided. A voided envelope cannot be edit. You need to send a new one.

By default, if your Admin didn’t change the standard configuration, the default value for number of days before expiring is 120 days. Your Admin can increase or decrease that number. Also, in a Template is possible to configure the Expiration settings for envelopes sent through the template.

Before an envelope expires, in the Home page there is a Dashboard showing up how many envelopes will expire soon (6 days before the expiration date). You can edit those envelopes and increase the expiration days if you need.

You mentioned a very important Best Practice: always add something more descriptive in the Email Subject, perhaps customer name, a project, a code, etc.. That will permit to find quickly an envelope. 

In the Manage page you can filter the envelopes using the Voided status. See this figure.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Roe1759,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!