Solved

convert Standard Fields (signer fields) to Pre-Fill fields

• 28 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

How can I convert Standard Fields (signer fields) to Pre-Fill fields and keep the data labels, validation, and formatting requirements?

icon

Best answer by mrave 28 March 2024, 08:42

View Original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@rbam

Unfortunately, there is no option to convert existing signer fields into Pre-Fill fields or the other way around., as they are different field types. You can assign a different recipient for any standard field, but not for Pre-Fill fields.

The only option would be to modify the JSON file of the template in an editor and change the fields in there, but that is probably more effort to build to convert than doing it in the Web App UI.

Badge +1

Thank you, @mrave. We have access to devs that could modify the JSON. Do you have an example that you can share with me to show them what/where they would modify?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@rbamCP 

I do not have an example for you, but would suggest you use one of the existing templates and add a single pre-fill field. Then your developers can see the structure of this field and of an existing signer field and understand in how the JSON would need to be modified to convert a field.