Question

Comments to a document

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

A signer to the document did not fill out a page before signing and the required details were put in a comment.   The next signer stated that after he signed, he got a message that said “certifies that i reviewed and consider above comment to be the information/content requested by pg 6.”    Once the document is fully executed do these comments become a part of the document forever and are viewable and printable after you download the document?   If not, then I will need to start over with a new envelope.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, @Edward.Marks 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We appreciate your question here.

Depends on the type of field have you used as a sender.

1. If you used the Note field, so all comments made by the signers will not be saved in the final signed document. The Note field works like a Post-It, temporary message.

2. To keep all comments made by the signers then you should to use the Comments field. All comments made by the sender and signers will be saved in a separated document when the envelope gets completed.
    See the figure where you can the Note field and the Comment dialog box. BTW, Comments permits like a real time chat between the sender and signers.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Edward.Marks,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.