Question

CCing by Default

• 12 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi! Is there a way to CC someone by default on all signings?

For context - I assist with the coordination & organization of real estate transactions, and need to be copied on all signing events for the agent I work with. When using a template, I can pre program that to occur, but if the form used isn’t sourced specifically from that template, it falls through the cracks. We’re just getting familiarized with the Transactions tab for our active contracts, which unfortunately seems to function largely independently from the rest of DocuSign, and there is no way to share access for items within Transactions like there is for Templates etc. as access to Rooms does not seem to be available as an add-on and does not come with the Real Estate package. The agent I work with isn’t the most tech-savvy, so it’s necessary to automate things like this, and unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an option to modify realtor forms sourced via DocuSign under Transactions the way you would a normal Template. I have a feeling I may just be SOL the way DocuSign is structured…. but I’m hoping someone may have a workaround to suggest!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge -

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Coremma - There is an Email Archive Configuration option under settings that will BCC all notifications sent from the account.  

You might also use a Custody Transfer on a completed envelope with a CC for the original sender.

You might need to check if these features available at your account level.

Badge +1

Hi John!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, it looks like those options may not be enabled on our account… I was able to find the BCC setting, but when I clicked on the search result and it redirected me to Sending Settings, there wasn’t a BCC option listed.

I wasn’t able to find a custody transfer option either unfortunately, so it looks like that may also be behind an additional paywall. 😕

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Coremma,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Hey @Alejandro.Ramos - thanks for checking!

Unfortunately the fix @JohnSantos graciously offered wasn’t a fix for us - it looks like those options are unavailable for the eSignature Relators Plan. I’d love to find a workaround for this if you have additional suggestions!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Coremma,

Thank you for following up.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to fix your issue, but I believe we can find a viable workaround to this scenario with your current setup.

Even though there might be several ways to approach this situation, I believe that working with templates will be the best solution to your case.

You could setup templates that include you as a carbon copy in their signing order, and restrict your users to only creating envelopes based on an existing template in Settings>Sending Settings>Templates>Require a template for all envelopes sent from this account.

For more details on how to work with this setting, see:

Sending Settings - Templates

The alternatives to this method would be ones mentioned in the previous comments. However, those options might require you to update your account’s plan, as it might be incompatible with some of them, or could require the purchase of an add-on to allow you to access them.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi @Alejandro.Ramos 

Thanks, that’s what I’ve begun to do, however it’s unfortunately an extremely laborious and time consuming process, and one which entirely negates any usefulness of paying for the eSignature Realtors Plan. Unless I’m missing something, the VAR Form Library only allows you to “use” their existing template forms, not make any corrections, copies, or modifications, and there is also no option to “apply” the VAR form templates to an uploaded matching form. So, I’m having to completely recreate every single template under Real Estate forms entirely from scratch, rendering paying for a Realtor plan completely valueless. 

This is particularly frustrating because, in addition to the restrictive and anti-collaborative nature of the Transactions section, we discovered shortly after I posted this question that the VAR templates contain multiple errors anyway, which we unfortunately only realized after sending out multiple contracts with repeated errors that we are restricted from correcting [signatures in the wrong place, misaligned text boxes, etc]. This has ultimately forced us to switch back to our old signing program while I take on the task of manually creating our own templates line by line for dozens of contract forms, which is exactly what we were trying to avoid by paying for a Realtors plan. As you can imagine - this is very disappointing and not at all the kind of experience we expected to have with Docusign. 

I spoke to a few different people in sales and in tech support a couple of weeks back, who said that there was no way to accomplish what we need (which at the time was only to collaborate access under the Transactions section) without upgrading to a plan intended for huge businesses (which I was not provided any other info about, but would presumably not come with the VAR forms included with the Realtors plan), not 2 individuals intending to collaborate on simple real estate transactions. Perhaps/hopefully you have a different suggestion, but the general consensus at the time seemed to be that we were just SOL. 

Overall…. I’m a bit flabbergasted at the quality of the eSignature Realtors product, and especially that DocuSign is willing to publish faulty legal contract forms at all. I’ve used (and enjoyed using) DocuSign for the better part of a decade, but this is not even close to the par experience I’ve come to anticipate from DocuSign… 

Apologies if my reply feels curmudgeonly! If I’m missing something, or should try something else, let me know. 

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Coremma,

Thank you for taking the time of coming back to us with more details on this issue.

I agree that  not being able to edit your DocuSign Forms, nor share access to your Real State Transactions in eSignature can generate unnecessary steps in your workflow.

However, it is important to note that the forms in your library were facilitated and configured by your Real State Association, which is the Form Provider set in your preferences.

We will gladly assist you in correcting the errors in your form. To do so, we will need to escalate the issue through a new support case to one of our specialized teams that will follow up with your Real State Association to ensure that the documents are up to date and  the fields appropriately configured. It would help expedite the process if you could include a list of the affected forms and the changes necessary.

We aim to help automate your processes to reduce as much effort as possible in your day to day workload, and your  feedback regarding your user experience is much appreciated. 

I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to allow sharing of user’s transactions in eSignature to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation.

You may share your thoughts with our development team by emailing your request to 

feedback@docusign.com.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!