Solved

Adding a disclaimer document to envelopes

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I work at a law firm in the UK. We send out deeds that also need to be signed by a witness. When we do this we want to be able to send alongside the deed an information sheet about what is involved as signing as a witness (their responsibilities, the process they need to follow to make it legally binding etc).  Our account manager suggested adding an Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure (ERSD).  However I have looked into this and it seems this gets added as standard to all envelopes sent from our account (not all documents that we send are deeds) and the ERSD as I understand it, is also required it to be signed.  The document we want to add is just for information.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can create the option of adding this document to some of our envelopes?

We also use another esigning provider which unfortunately doesn’t allow you to sign as a witness (hence why we use DocuSign) and this has the option to customise the email sent with the link to sign the document so we can add our own wording and links to disclaimers but I don’t believe DocuSign has that functionality. 

icon

Best answer by Matthew.Farler 26 April 2024, 18:28

View Original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hannah,

You should look into a capability called Supplemental Documents, made for just this purpose. You can use supplemental documents to provide additional information to recipients that does not require signature, such as legal disclosures or terms and conditions. They appear as “action strips” in an envelope, separate from the main document which needs to be signed, and can be viewed by the recipient during signing or after the completed envelope is delivered.  Signers can also be required to view and accept the documents as part of the signing requirements, if this is needed for your business process.  

You can learn more about this feature and how to set it up in this Support Center article and as a topic in this self-paced course on DocuSign University.

Badge +1

Matthew, thanks that is exactly what I needed!