Solved

IDV EU Advanced with Liveness - Name Matching

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

While using IDV EU Advanced with Liveness, name matching is failing when we use National ID. To be specific, we use Emirates ID as the National ID for United Arab Emirates.

Our National ID incorporates both the holder's full name and either the parent's or spouse's full name.

To illustrate, if my full name is AAA BBB and my father's name is CCC DDD, then my ID would display as AAA BBB CCC DDD.

Despite entering the precise name as indicated on the ID into DocuSign Recipient Name details, the matching process fails. Does anyone has insights into the underlying logic behind the ID name matching process?

icon

Best answer by mrave 15 March 2024, 09:09

View Original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@neethujkp

I am not familiar with the Emirates ID, but can provide some general information on the topic.

In general the matching required any one first name and last name to be present, any combination should work. This includes using your maiden name instead of your current last name. If you have multiple first names, only one of them is required.

If your first name is AAA BBB and your surname is CCC and your maiden name is DDD, you can use the following combinations.

• AAA CCC
  • AAA BBB CCC
  • AAA DDD
  • AAA BBB DDD
  • BBB CCC
  • BBB DDD

You can find more details on the remote identity verification policy from Ubble.

Is is possible that AAA BBB CCC DDD is over 100 characters long? Then you may hit a hard limit for the full name length, be cut off and therefore not recognised in the matching.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks Michael for the clarification.